As a UK regional contractor, we provide specialist design and build capabilities and are experienced at project management and integrating all aspects of a project.
With over 130 years of experience in the construction and engineering sector, we are a trusted partner of central and local government and are used to working closely with our customers and supply chain to achieve outstanding results.
We are a member of Build UK, supporting efficiency and productivity improvements within the industry, and shaping future policies.
- We celebrate our achievements, share our experiences and define the next best-practice standards for future generations across our business.
- We strive to bring more diversity into our business through recruitment and specialist partnerships, and with diversity comes a strong culture of inclusivity. We ensure that everyone’s voice is heard through open-door policies and community events throughout the business.
- We go to the nth degree for our clients, always approaching a project with a can-do attitude that is grounded in experience.
- We challenge ourselves and our clients to push our work further, to deliver a greater, sustainable and societal impact.
Sectors and services
We build, repair and renew the nation’s vital services and infrastructure by providing a wide range of construction services, from project inception through to completion. This involves designing and building facilities that are used by everyone, including schools, hospitals, roads and water projects.
We work in partnership with clients throughout the entire project life cycle, from the moment it starts to long after it has finished.
Every year around 85% of our work is procured through collaborative frameworks ('Construction Playbook' and 'Constructing the Gold Standard' aligned) which provides benefits including:
- Early contractor involvement, engagement and advice to identify optimum solutions
- Reduced procurement costs, through fast-track and flexible options
- An outcome-based approach to focus on client and stakeholder priorities
- Opportunity to employ innovations and new technologies to improve productivity, safety and decarbonisation
- Regional delivery to maximise small to medium enterprise (SME) and social enterprise use, and deliver sustainable high impact social value outcomes